Monday 9 June 2014

Something I Will Not Tolerate

Lately I've been thinking about the kind of world I'd like to live in with my lover, which has caused me to reevaluate how tolerant I should be towards anti-gay religious fanatics.  I dream of a world where my lover and I won't be looked at as perverts, a danger towards children, sinful based upon our expressions of love and finally a world where we will not have to be fearful to hold each other's hands in public.




I tell you this because I want people to really think about what it means to "wipe out homophobia"... I won't tolerate people who judge me just because my lover is the same sex as me, even if it's because of their religious beliefs.  You can't polish a turd, homophobia isn't something beautiful just because it's a part of your religion.  It is not any more tolerable just because your religious beliefs say differently.  Discrimination against those of a loving nature and while doing no harm is despicable and wrong.


Homophobia is disgusting, hateful, evil, shameful, degrading, etc.  If your religious beliefs are upsetting so many people who are not harming anyone, then what are your beliefs doing to them on the inside?  Every time you spout out your mouth to us, it tears up our soul a little bit, some more than others.  I'm past the point of caring what religious fanatics think about me but I do care that they are influencing vulnerable individuals to suppress their right to living the loving lives they desire.


I will not tolerate any form of homophobia!  My dream is that the world will "wipe out homophobia" because this is "the devil" that lurks in congregations and many other forms of communities.  We are not evil, nor are our expressions of love.  The real evil is the indifference that is caused by people in these communities.  You have no right to be upset about our own personal wishes and if you get in our way or speak out against us, then I wont tolerate it.




I tell all people with good wishes to follow your dreams and when someone tells you to tolerate people who disagree with you, know that they are not worth arguing with.  Because while "love can move mountains" some "brick walls" will just never fall until they start to parish.  Besides, your actions will always speak louder than words.  As long as you're following what you know is right in your heart and not harming anyone, then the divine will guide you to your destination of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment